GENERAL EVENT INFORMATION
Saturday 26th August
Sunday 27th August
SOUTH WEST FOUR SATURDAY OPENING TIMES ARE: 11.30 TILL 23.00
SOUTH WEST FOUR SUNDAY OPENING TIMES ARE: 11.30 TILL 22.30
THERE IS NO ENTRY TO THE EVENT AFTER 21.30
BARS AND CATERING CLOSE AT 22.30
VIP GUEST LIST ENTRANCE CLOSES: 19.00
South West Four is an 18 and over event. If you are lucky enough to look younger than 18, please make sure that you have ID which you can provide on request.
We are operating a ‘challenge 25’ policy at the bars so any person who appears to look younger than 25 may be asked for ID. If they cannot provide suitable ID, the bar will refuse to sell them alcohol.
Please note that the drinking age for the ‘challenge 25’ policy is actually 18. If proof of age is requested at South West Four, we will accept the following ID:
Photo Driving Licence
Prove It Cards that carry the PASS logo (e.g. CitizenCard, ONE-ID4U, Validate UK)
We would also like to point out that photocopies of these documents will not be accepted as valid ID at South West Four.
THEFT / PICK POCKETING
South West Four, like any event that draws large numbers of people, can occasionally be attended by pickpockets who are looking to steal mobile phones and other valuables from the crowds. Becoming a victim of crime will make your night out memorable for the wrong reasons. Being careful and taking some simple precautions will reduce your risk of being targeted by those looking to take advantage of fun loving visitors like you. Here are some steps to help you have a safe and enjoyable festival:
- Avoid displaying you phone and valuables unnecessarily.
- Don’t keep cash, cards and valuables in one place. Spread them out among your pockets and clothing using pockets secured by zips/buttons or in pockets inside jackets where possible. Be aware that in a crowded environment, where contact with other people is unavoidable, thieves will try to unzip/unbutton pockets and bags.
- Be aware of the behaviour of those around you. Report anything suspicious to a security guard or police officer.
- Stick with your friends and identify a suitable meeting point so if you do get split up you can find each other even if someone has lost their phone or had it stolen.
- As soon as you realise that any of your property is missing, inform both the venue’s security and police immediately. Do not wait until you get home. South West Four has a clearly marked lost property area located next to the main entrance.
- Contact your network provider to ask for the SIM card and handset to be blocked. Telephone numbers can be found on http://www.nmpcu.police.uk/network-numbers.php
- Register your mobile phone IMEI number and the serial numbers of other valuables for FREE on www.immobilise.com or similar property registration sites
- Activate you phone’s security code so that the phone can only be used in-putting this code.
- Back up all your contacts and data before you leave home.
There is a zero tolerance to drugs at South West Four. Offenders will be handed over to the police and drug dealers will be prosecuted. Those caught in possession of personal drugs will be evicted from site whatever the circumstances.
There will be drug searches at the front entrance as well as sniffer dog patrolling the queues. This includes nitrous oxide / laughing gas.
No alcohol or food is allowed to be taken into the event by visitors.
BUYING TICKETS OFF TOUTS
As everyone is aware, all festivals are plagued by touts every year.
Do not buy tickets from anything other than a bona fide ticket agency or seller. If you do otherwise, you run the risk of having bought either a forgery or a stolen ticket.
Since 2008, we have installed a state of the art ticket scanning system. This resulted in nigh on 1000 forgeries being discovered at the entry gate to the event that year. Encouragingly considerably less were evident from 2009 onwards.
These people were not allowed in and some got quite upset about it. At the end of the day, the only people that gain from this are the touts. Whatever
your excuse, you will not gain access to the event with a forgery. Please also be aware, that as tickets are all barcoded, stolen tickets can now be cancelled and again if your ticket is identified as having been stolen you will not gain access.
So once again, we strongly advise that you only buy tickets from established agencies or genuine ticket sellers. If in doubt, contact the organisers on email@example.com
If you do get refused entry to the event as your ticket is a forgery or stolen, please do not come crying to the organisers. You are an adult and as such should know better than to take this risk by buying a ticket from anyone that cannot prove to you that they genuinely represent this festival.
HOW TO GET TO AND FROM THE SOUTH WEST FOUR WEEKENDER 2017
Please see below, information on how to get to and from South West Four this year.
GETTING TO CLAPHAM COMMON
Clapham Common is an easy destination to reach. There are two tube stations on the actual Common both on the Northern Line. There are also a number of bus routes that service this area. Scroll down for more info. Clapham Junction station where both trains and London Overground operate from is an approximate 25 minutes walk.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT GETTING HOME FROM SW4
Clapham Common tube will be closed from 21.30 on each event evening. With this in mind, we suggest that you use nearby Clapham South (Northern line) or Clapham Junction (Southern services to Victoria or South West Train services to Waterloo). If you are using Southbound Northern line services you may wish to use nearby Balham to avoid queues into Clapham South station.
In order to make your journey home as easy as possible, please consider carefully how you will get back. The route back to Clapham South will be
signed posted and lit through the Common and staff will be on hand en-route to assist you. However, there is no doubt that due to the volume of people heading that way there will be queuing time both outside and inside the station. Please take into account that last trains run fairly soon after the event especially on the Sunday.
BY TUBE OR RAIL
Please use nearby Clapham South on the Northern Line (Zone 2) for a short walk across the common. Please note that Clapham Common station will be closed when the event finishes. The best Tube options for getting home will be Clapham South which is around 8 minutes walk or alternatively use Clapham Junction (for Southern or South West Train rail services) which is 25 minute walk from the event.
For last Tubes check https://www.tfl.gov.uk/modes/tube/first-and-last-tube
Plan your journey: http://www.nationalrail.co.uk
Routes: 35, 37, 50, 88, 137, 155, 249, 255, 345, 355, 417 and G1 run near to the Common as well as Night buses N35, N37, N155, N137, N345
Plan your journey: www.tfl.gov.uk
SECURITY AT SOUTH WEST FOUR WEEKENDER 2017
REQUEST TO ALL TICKET HOLDERS
Due to the constant terrorist threat existing in London as well as an increase in pick pocketing, event security will be thoroughly checking all bags belonging to ticket and pass holders entering the event site.
This is however a time consuming job, therefore can ticket holders aim to arrive to the event site earlier than in normal circumstances as well as cooperate fully with all requests from the event security staff.
The promoter reserves the right to check any bag or person that it may deem suspicious. They will also be profile searching individuals on entry in our battle against pick pockets. Please accept the promoters’ apologies should you experience longer than usual queues. Safety checks will be undertaken for the good and safety of all present at the event.
INFORMATION FOR DISABLED VISITORS
The festival is fully accessible to wheelchair users. Please note though that being situated on a green field site it is basically parkland and maneuverability is limited as such. The ground is notoriously hard but, of course, dependent on weather conditions.
Each of the main toilet blocks in the festival includes disabled toilets, as will the disabled person’s viewing platform.
This disabled person’s viewing platform is for the Main Stage and will provide a great sight line above the crowd to see the acts on stage.
There will be a fully equipped medic’s tent located on site throughout the event.
If you have any enquiries regarding disabled access and facilities at the festival, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOAKROOM / CASH POINT MACHINES / LOST PROPERTY
Please note that there are no cloakroom facilities at this event. Please only bring with you what you are happy to carry.
However, there are ATM machines onsite. These accept debit and credit cards. Transactions are subject to surcharges
Within reason, we aim to collect, log, store and return items of property that are deemed to be genuinely lost by patrons on the South West Four event site and likely to be sought by the original owner.
ENQUIRING AFTER LOST PROPERTY
LOST PHONES (for any other lost property please read on)
The Police will collect and retain mobile phones ONLY. They can be contacted from Brixton Police station. Contact number is 020 8649 2025. Please do not contact them for any other matters. You also need to ensure that you have your IMEI number when phoning in order to speed the process up.
OTHER LOST PROPERTY
If, after the event, you have an enquiry about other lost items, please email email@example.com putting Lost Property in the subject line. Enquires can also be made in person at the event site via the Security personnel located at Fire Exit E situated off Long Road on the Tuesday 29 August between 0900 and 1700. It is worthwhile noting that there is another event on the bank holiday Monday so we will not be able to deal with lost property that morning.
Please note that we will be unable to respond to lost property emails until a week after show as we will be tied up onsite until then.
When emailing us, please include a full description of the item including size, colour, unique features, brand (where applicable), key tags or other details that will help us with identification. It may also be necessary for us to request specific information pertaining to certain items including a description of contents for bags, wallets and purses, distinguishing marks or engravings on jewellery and passport/ID card/driving license specifics like unique identification numbers.
If any found items have clear contact details, we will endeavour to use this to information to communicate with the owner.
Other than credit or debit cards, items that are handed into us will be kept within a secure location for thirty (30) days after the event. Perishable items will be kept for the date of the event only. Credit and debit cards will be held for 7 days after which we will shred them.
Once we have established an owner, they must pay any applicable postal charges required to reconnect them with their property either by the provision of a stamped address envelope of suitable size to accommodate the item or by the arranging of a courier to pick the item up. Alternatively we can provide an address for in person collections.
Anything unclaimed will be disposed of responsibly. All personal data will be removed and securely destroyed.
In the unlikely event that the festival site has to be fully evacuated, the event would not continue on that particular day. If the reason for the evacuation falls under the heading of ‘force majeure’, there would not be any refunds. Adverse weather conditions or an act of terrorism are classified as an act of God.
If a full evacuation occurred and you wish to complain please do so by contacting us through our web site.
Music levels at all events on Clapham are a very sensitive issue.
Lambeth Council set licensing conditions which include music sound levels. The organisers do everything in their power to maximise the situation by employing the best PA companies and noise consultants. Added to the set levels, other influences such as atmospheric conditions and wind conditions
can make it extremely difficult to get the high music sound levels that some may expect. Should the levels not be to your liking, we can only apologise and rest assured that we have the best people working on it. However, we are restrained by conditions set on us by the Council.
As we all know, the weather in this great country of ours is unpredictable to say the least. Please therefore keep an eye on the weather forecast for the South West Four weekender and, should it look like raining, bring suitable apparel to keep dry…. if you so wish. There are tented arenas on the site but these can only accommodate half the audience at a push. So if rain is likely bring your brolly and put on your wellies! Nothing stops a good party.
FOOD AND DRINK
No chairs, tables, BBQs or other such articles may be brought into the event site. Alcohol and food are not allowed into the event site. Food, alcohol and drink will be available for purchase within the event. Soft drinks in glass or cans will not be allowed into the event site. You may however bring in soft drinks in plastic or paper containers under 500ml for personal consumption.
Line – up is subject to change.
Exposure to loud music can cause injury to your hearing
Strobe lights and smoke machines may be in use within event site
Pick pockets operate at all large attendance events nowadays and specifically target mobile phones. Please be street wise and keep your personal belongings somewhere safe. Only bring to South West Four what you really need to have a good time and in order not to make life easy for pick pockets keep all your belongings well hidden. Make sure all hand bags are closed at all times. Do not become a victim of crime.
SOUTH WEST FOUR - TAG A FRIEND & SHARE SOCIAL MEDIA COMPETITION TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The promoter is: Lock N Load Ltd (company no. 05152712) whose registered office is 30 Leicester Square, London, WC2H 7LA.
- The competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 years or over except employees of Lock N Load Ltd and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the competition.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via Facebook (@southwestfour).
- Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
- Closing date for entry will be Friday 9th June 2017. After this date the no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows:
Tag a friend in the comments of the relevant Facebook post
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- The prize is as follows:
The prize is as stated as 2 SW4 2017 Sunday tickets and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- Winners will be chosen:
at random by software, from all entries received and verified by Promoter and or its agents by 27th January 2017.
- The winner will be notified by email and/or DM on Twitter/Facebook/Instagram and/or letter within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected / is delivered.
- The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- The winner’s name will be available 28 days after closing date by emailing the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or any other Social Network. You are providing your information to Lock N Load Events Ltd and not to any other party.